Monday, November 16, 2009

Speaking of Catholics

Jen's throwing a birthday party for Noella tonight, bring costumes she said. Afterwards she'll be cooking us all dinner, Jen's my best friend. I've mentioned her before, yes, I know I have. It's as funny as ironic, how my friendships work. All have perfectly respectable timing.

Take "breaking the news" to them all, which was inevitable eventually, no matter how long I put it off. Sure, I experienced it myself first, and then comfortably blogged about it, but it took me a good number of weeks before I could actually call my Dad. He hates when I'm hurting.

It went well though, spent our usual conversation believing in each other, seeing the sunny-side of life (totally where I got it), and deciding that as long as we all had each other, nothing was actually really all that bad. It never is when I'm talking to my Dad.

Within ONE DAY after that, I bump into three favorite friends in a row, due to perfectly unplanned, au natural (never forced) plain circumstance. First, surprisingly, was Cindy, not Jen. Cindy's about a decade ahead, a homeschooler too, and the only person who ever advocated for my point of view when the Evangelical homeschoolers decided I had no place in leadership in our group. Fuck you, I should've said.

But, I didn't. I surrendered my will, was grateful for what I had, basically, I was obedient. Better at it than any of THOSE Christian women, I might've said were I more arrogant (I'm actually not). Cindy got mad for me, and then I followed suit. We were MAD!!!

Soon after I put my kids into the school system, after realizing how pathetic bombastic women are at debating. Ha! Their bad. Then Trina stopped by my house, unexpectedly...some unfinished 4-H business we had. Shared the whole story, brought her to tears (of course) and was so glad to have finally gotten it all out, thanks to my Classical Homeschooling expert, master of all the materials friend. And, she's Canadian.

Lastly was Jen. I didn't want to have to tell my sympathetic Catholic friend. I'd cry, she'd cry, we'd keep crying and crying, it would never ever end. Without a single plan, just an instinct in a moment she stopped by. And I, soaking my troubles away in yet another unfair bath, I could barely consider even telling her. Boy did I sob when I cried.

Felt better after that, and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment