Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Among teachers

It was an unusual day, I have to say, a day dependent on faith and endurance. I arrived at the park this morning, and found myself surrounded by a population of white supremacists armed with sharp knives. I was in good company.

Now that I'm fully-pledged to embrace all my challenges, to find the learning in everything even when it's a struggle, I must admit that racial murderers are people too. Actually, don't be surprised when I say the park was filled with teachers, all friends of my friend, and none had knives. Some had juice boxes though, in many different flavors.

It left me sure that endurance will be needed in the coming days and weeks, as I buckle down and prove to my own self, among others, that I have yet to truly challenge myself to be the best homeschooler ever. Cause that's my goal, besides understanding my limitations better.

Homeschoolers and teachers are natural enemies, and it's so far only going to be weekly playdates that bond us together. But it's a huge undertaking for myself, and the average homeschooler, to find the bridge that must somewhere exist between those snotty know-it-alls and we mothers who are certainly failing our children.

See, I'm putting some of the fault on myself now, that's an improvement. I spent all of today working on unit studies, still love science, but my focus is going to be history. Wish me luck please, I'll be busy polishing my weaknesses, but depending on faith the whole entire way.

No comments:

Post a Comment