Saturday, June 6, 2009

Writer's Block

I hate days like today, so filled with potential, yet all I want to do is be glued to my house. It's a boring thought in itself, mainly amplified by my lack of enthusiasm for everything that's important in my life, moving forward, being productive.

But, something inside me tells me to sit still, to stay glued. In a way, it's kind of like the new car blues, a year-and-a-half later your neighbor drives by in the latest model, and you're like, "I'm keepin my new-old car, but totally wishing I had yours now."

New-old car deals don't come with that warranty, and if they did, it's best for the wishful owner to sit in and drive around his new-old car alot more, and find peace with all the reasons the new-old car caught his impulsive eye in the first place.

And sit in that some more. There's nothing worse in the whole entire universe than the year-and-a-half later realization that your new-old car DOES NOT come with a special "works better if you just add this accessory" extras package.

In the end, it will only be an air freshener shaped like a tree or a lemon, and the scent won't last. You'll be buying extra accessories for the rest of your life at this rate. Totally a rip-off for all parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment